1) Field Hockey Immersion Experience 2019
June/July 2019 (Dates TBD)
To get on the current wait-list- please email email@example.com
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Field Hockey @ the YMCA in Fall 2017
Location: William G White YMCA, Winston-Salem
Dates: September 5 - October 24, 2017
Click Here to Sign Up
*Scholarships available for those in need
1) June 21-July 1, 2017 A group of 30 from the NC Triad Field Hockey team went on a Field Hockey Immersion Experience to South Africa for field hockey training & competition, touring & sightseeing, and more! The team played and trained with several local school teams and coaches in Johannesburg and Cape Town. The trip concluded with an adventure to Sun City for a safari, coming across the Big 5 and others in their natural habitat. Highlights of the trip included playing & seeing lots of hockey (men & women's), learning about apartheid, visiting Nelson Mandela's home and Robben Island, holding baby lions, going to the top of Table Mountain (one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World- see below picture!), seeing penguins at the Southern most tip of continental Africa, and getting to make so many new friends all the way across the world and sharing with each other our love & passion for field hockey.
2) Spring, 2017 The William G. White Jr. Family YMCA in Winston-Salem, NC started a Youth Field Hockey program with 20 players for their first season. Due to the success, the YMCA will continue to grow and expand the youth field hockey program, adding a Fall season. Look for more information posted on the NWNC YMCA to sign up for Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and future seasons once posted! Thank you to USA Field Hockey who donated a field hockey starter kit with new sticks, cones, shinguards, and mouthguards for the new program so anyone can participate regardless of affordability. Thank you to all of the local community who spread the word about the program. And lastly, thank you to our great NC Triad coaches and players for volunteering their time to coach this program and get it started!
3) May 1, 2016 The local community comes together to break the Guinness World Record. NC Triad Field Hockey broke the GUINNESS WORLD RECORD for the longest field hockey game. Playing for 51 hours straight from April 29th 5:30PM to May 1st 8:04PM at Forsyth Country Day School, two teams of fourteen players finished the game to beat the previous official record of 40 hours in England. This is the first world record for field hockey in the United States. With over 100 volunteers, this would not have been possible without the community's support. For more information visit: http://www.nctriadfieldhockey.com/nc-triad-news
4) June 23, 2013 Thank you to our friends from Pakistan who came to visit for a clinic at Wake Forest University. The U.S. State Department is using sports as the vehicle to improve women’s rights worldwide by showing young girls what their true potential is. It’s called Sports Diplomacy.
"A group of field hockey players from Pakistan is here in the Piedmont this week where the learning is a two-way street."
FOX News Video: http://myfox8.com/2013/06/24/field-hockey-players-from-pakistan-visit-piedmont/
1) Volunteer: all ages, knowledge of field hockey, and skills are welcomed!
2) Advocate: spread the word to your friends, family, school, church, social media, or other outlets on encouraging youth sports, diversity, and inclusiveness. Let them know what we are doing and opportunities to get involved.
3) Donate: equipment or money. Have an old stick that's in good condition but too small for you? Would you like to purchase shinguards for a player in need? All equipment donations are welcomed. Money donations are accepted as well and are tax-deductible. This can be used for helping players pay for tournaments, equipment, travel, school programs and more. Peace Hockey is a 501c3 non-profit.
For more information on anything listed above, please reach out to email@example.com